Stretchur N is our innovative slow release foliar nitrogen product, that is good for both the environment and your pocket.
How Stretchur N works
- Stretchur N is a mix of nitrogen polymers of varying chain lengths.
- These break down to release nitrogen in a phased way. Consequently, the nitrogen is utilised more efficiently and for a longer period of time.
What are the benefits?
- Stretchur N‘s phased breakdown of N is a much more efficient process than more typical nitrate products. Which means less of the greenhouse gas ammonia is released into the atmosphere, and less N is leached out through the soil.
- Contains a high degree of NUE – boosts chances of crop yield being maximised
- An independent set of trials at Harper Adams demonstrated that crop using Stretchur N increased fresh weight by 13%, as shown in results below.
- Low application rate compared to foliar urea fertiliser.
- Wetting and spreading properties increases persistence of fungicides.
- Fully compatible with fungicides.
- Extremely safe to the crop due to low biuret content.
- Reduces spray drift.
What crops can Stretchur N be used on?
Stretchur N is best for “in-season” applications to:
- Amenity Grass and Turf
Stretchur N is best for “late-season” applications to:
- Oil seed rape
- Milling wheat